Ohrid Bank Societe Generale – the best bank from Macedonia in emerging markets in CEE 2016


Ohrid Bank Societe Generale was recognized as the best bank in Macedonia for 2016 by the world-renowned magazine Global Finance, which, on March 15, 2016, for the twenty-third time named the best banks in emerging markets in Central and Eastern Europe.

The Editorial Board of Global Finance announced on the basis of the results of 2015 and the observations of eminent analysts in the field, as well as executives and banking consultants selected the Ohrid Bank Societe Generale, Macedonia’s best bank in emerging markets along with several banks from the region and another 21 countries. Additionally, Global Finance conducted a survey among its readers in order to increase the accuracy and relevance of the data.

The criteria for choosing the winners included growth in assets, profitability, strategic partnerships, customer service, competitiveness and innovative products.

“We are proud that this year Ohrid Bank Societe Generale is the only bank in Macedonia which receives prestigious award from Global Finance. We managed to meet the high criteria set by the Global Finance and we thus proved that Ohrid Bank Societe Generale works devotedly, strategically and on the long-term, on the Macedonian market. In his years of operations, the bank has played a significant role in the development and transformations of the banking system and has grown into a modern financial institution of universal type with a developed corporate and investment banking segment, a widespread network of branches, a broad portfolio of financial products and services, sophisticated technology and highly staff, “emphasized Mrs. Branka Pavlovic, Chairman of the Board of Ohrid Bank Societe Generale.

Global Finance was founded in 1987 and today has a circulation of over 50 thousand readers in 188 countries around the world and heads of groups, CEOs, CFOs and financial professionals. The website of the magazine (GFMag.com) is rich in analysis and articles that treasure 29 years of experience in international financial markets and a valuable source of relevant data for 192 countries. Global Finance headquarters is located in New York and there are also offices in London and Milan.

The Award for Ohrid Bank Societe Generale the best bank in Macedonia in emerging markets in Central and Eastern Europe will be delivered at a ceremony on October 8, 2016 in the framework of the annual meeting of the IMF / World Bank (IMF / World Bank) in Washington USA.

In addition, BRD Romania was awarded in the same category as the Group Societe Generale, and several subsidiaries in Africa: Algeria, Ivory Coast, Senegal and Guinea which are rewarded in other categories.

For Ohrid Bank Societe Generale:

Societe Generale (Société Générale) has been a strategic partner of Ohrid Bank since May 2007 and represents 70.02% of the total capital of the Bank, while the remaining 29.98% is owned by legal entities and individuals. Societe Generale steadily increases the financial potential and according to the total assets, the Bank is ranked fourth in the banking system in the country. Development of its dynamic and grew in volume of operations. Societe Generale continues to enrich its portfolio of products and services, while expanding the scope of activities and number of customers.

March 23, 2016